Campus Wide Island Mode Testing, September 6th, 2023
CPFM Utilities and Energy will perform Island Mode testing on Wednesday, September 6, 2023, between the hours of 8:00 am and 1:00 pm. Utilities and Energy staff will switch the entire campus in and out of Island Mode five times during this process (see schedule below). Each test will begin at the top of the hour, shifting off of EWEB’s electrical grid and onto our own power generation system (called Island Mode). At 25-minutes after the hour, we will exit out of Island Mode and return back to EWEB’s power source. As a result, short duration power outages may occur at any time throughout the testing period. The electrical distribution system redundancy and resiliencies depend upon the properly functioning power generation system and island mode capabilities.
Thank you for your patience as we resolve our issues related to exiting island mode with our emergency equipment. On-site personnel will include the original electrical engineer that designed the system, ASCO technicians and a new company that brings more resiliency and oversight for Utilities and Energy.
- 8:00 am – 8:05 am Execute 1st island mode test.
- 8:25 am – 8:30 am Exit island mode.
- 9:00 am – 9:05 am Execute 2nd island mode test.
- 9:25 am – 9:30 am Exit island mode.
- 10:00 am – 10:05 am Execute 3rd island mode test.
- 10:25 am – 10:30am Exit island mode.
- 11:00 am – 11:05 am Execute 4th island mode test.
- 11:25 am – 11:30 am Exit island mode.
- 12:00 noon – 12:05 pm Execute 5th island mode test.
- 12:25 pm – 12:30 pm Exit island mode.
- 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm Monitor campus electrical systems, insure systems normal and all testing complete.
- 1:00 pm Testing complete and an all clear message sent from Work Control Center.
Special Instructions: Please shut down and unplug all multi-function copier devices as well as any printers during scheduled power outages. The software on these machines can be negatively affected due to the power surge when the power is turned back on. A power surge can corrupt the clone files in the machines and change preconfigured settings. For questions, please contact Kati Kronholm at 541-346-5370 or email@example.com. For non-copier questions, please reach out to Work Control Center as listed below.
Work Performed By: CPFM Utilities & Energy
Contact: Work Control Center, Campus Planning and Facilities Management, 541-346-2319