Sustainability Open Houses bring together staff, faculty, and students to share their work furthering sustainability at University of Oregon. These quarterly meetings foster collaboration between faculty and staff, build community, and support campus as a living lab.
Seeding Campus, Growing Sustainability
Faculty and students have amazing research and learning opportunities embedded right here, within the operations and maintenance of the mini-city that is the University of Oregon. Staff in all areas of the institution have a role to play in student success. But these two groups often have trouble finding each other and growing the kinds of mutually-beneficial collaborations that use the campus itself as a vibrant learning laboratory. Sustainability Open Houses bring together stakeholders from across campus to share work and spark ideas that lead to collaborations and cross-pollinations between academics and operations, learning and working.
Questions? Contact Sarah Stoeckl, Program Manager, Office of Sustainability at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-3489
Open House Speakers
Fall 2020 Speakers
- Megan Sweeney and the 2021 planning team, Public and Environmental Law Conference (PIELC)
- Debbie Sharp, VPFA Admin Internship Program
- Abigail Gravatt, Payton Lagomarsino, and Olivia Holah, Redefining Menstruation Student Team
- Robyn Hathcock and Steve Mital, UO's Sustainability Tracking, Assessment, and Rating System (STARS) Score and our "Path the Platinum"
- Dakota MacColl, The Duck Nest's Climate Assembly program
Each presentation will be about five minutes long and include a short time for questions from the audience. After the presentations, attendees will have the chance to chat with the speakers in breakout rooms. RSVP here.
Spring 2020 Speakers
- Taylor McHolm, Student Sustainability Center
- Autumn Ellison, Year of Water project
- Cheyenne Holliday and Katie Moreland, Oregon Water Futures project
- Aaron Olsen, Campus Planning
- Steve Mital, Office of Sustainability
- Brendan Adamczyk, Climate Justice League
- Sarah Stapleton, Faculty in the College of Education
Winter 2020 Speakers
- Greg Shabram and Grant Baldwin, Purchasing and Contracting Services
- David Reesor, Transporation Services
- Alexandra Rempel, Faculty in Architecture and Environmental Studies
- Donny Addison, Waste Management and the Zero Waste Program
- Darin Dehle, Design and Construction
- Megan Banks, Sustainable Cities Year Program