The Campus Plan itself is a framework of patterns and principles defining the qualities inherent to a functional, beautiful campus and sets forth how those qualities will be preserved and expanded with new construction. It is an internal document describing development consistent with the city of Eugene land-use zones in which the campus resides. Development consistent with the Campus Plan does not require review by the city for land-use zone consistency. The Campus Plan includes provisions that go well beyond what is typical for meaningful input from students, faculty, staff, and other affected individuals. It ensures the preservation of the instructional core and the preservation and expansion of the network of interconnected open spaces that originated from Ellis Lawrence's early 20th-century planning efforts. In addition, long-standing, innovative transportation principles have created a pedestrian- and bike-friendly campus.
Twelve policies that apply to all campus construction projects.
Campus Plan 2022: Click to download the full document, or download the desired chapters individually.
- Cover Page and Acknowledgements
- Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Campus Plan
- How to Use the Campus Plan
- Principle 1: Process and Participation
- Principle 2: Open Space Framework
- Principle 3: Densities
- Principle 4: Space Use and Organization
- Principle 5: Replacement of Displaced Uses
- Principle 6: Maintenance and Building Services
- Principle 7: Architectural Style and Historic Preservation
- Principle 8: Universal Access
- Principle 9: Transportation
- Principle 10: Sustainable Development
- Principle 11: Patterns
- Principle 12: Design Area Special Conditions
There are no current amendments at this time.
For more information about campus planning policies and procedures, contact: