For University of Oregon Campus Community
The Office of Sustainability manages UO’s surplus furniture program. All items are free of charge to UO faculty and staff. At this time, UO's surplus is only available to university faculty and staff.
- Step 1: Browse inventory and reserve items.
- Only reserve items that you are seriously considering for your UO space!
- Reservations are limited to 3 per person. Once you collect your items, you may reserve more.
- Step 2: Within 10 calendar days of the date of your reservation, pick up your item(s) or schedule a delivery through Work Control: (541) 346-2319 or via Call Log. WAREHOUSE HOURS AND LOCATION BELOW.
- Note: reservations will be canceled after 10 days if not picked up or scheduled for delivery. To release unwanted items, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you visit the surplus room and decide an item you reserved will not work for your space, please tell the Sustainability staff member on hand and they will return it to the inventory.
COVID-19 Note: UO Surplus furniture is meant for on-campus use. However, during the pandemic members of the UO community are able to acquire furniture for use in home offices but items must be returned to your on-campus office or back to UO Surplus after pandemic contingencies end. Items are UO property and resale is strictly prohibited.
Location and Hours for Item Pick-Up: Tuesdays and Fridays, 12:30-1:30pm. Pick up from the UO Surplus entry at the south side of the Romania Warehouse, access from 15th Avenue and Orchard Street. Please reserve your items online before visiting the UO Surplus warehouse.
- Post items to surplus.uoregon.edu for at least 10 days to see if any staff want to take the item(s) from you directly.
- No takers? Donate items to the Sustainability Office's UO Surplus Furniture program in the following ways:
- Create a work ticket with Work Control via Call Log or phone at (541) 346-2319 OR
- Email email@example.com to schedule a furniture drop-off during surplus open hours: Tuesdays and Fridays, 12:30-1:30.
- Please note: Items brought to the Surplus Furniture warehouse will be assessed for quality and usability and may be refused.