President Schill presents the 2018 Green Office Platinum Certification to the Museum of Natural and Cultural History.
For decades, decentralized programs have emerged to help offices green their practices. The Office of Sustainability developed the Green Office (GO) Certification Program to unite these efforts under a common framework that recognizes University of Oregon offices that:
• Adopt best practices
• Commit to reducing impacts
• Measure their performance
The GO Scorecard tracks office sustainability across seven categories including: prerequisites, energy, materials management, purchasing, transportation, events, and disaster preparedness. Offices are awarded a bronze, silver, gold, or platinum level certification by completing and submitting a scorecard. The GO program is creating a network of office champions who are actively reducing the environmental impacts of their work and workplaces.
Each fall, the Office of Sustainability provides orientation training for UO employees in administrative units responsible for office management. The Green Office Orientation will:
- Introduce you to the numerous green campus support services available at UO.
- Show you how to evaluate your office by completing the GO scorecard.
- Start the GO certification process.
- Stimulate thinking about greening and resiliency in your workplace.
The 2018 Green Office Orientation will be held on Tuesday, November 6th from 12:00 - 1:30. To register, email Briana Meier at firstname.lastname@example.org.