How to join the Community for Ecological Leaders
- Register online. Fill out this registration form. Make sure you don’t have any housing conflicts like being part of a residential FIG (more info below).
- Return the liability waiver. We’ll send you a welcome packet in June that includes a welcome letter, gear list, and liability waiver. Please return the waiver by August 1st.
- Prepare your move to campus. Move-in day for CEL residents is September 17th, 2016. Housing’s Move In Guide is a helpful resource. (Note, move-in for CEL residents is early, so you’ll beat the major move-in traffic.)
- Meet your hall. In the evening of your move-in day, CEL residents will gather for a welcome dinner, during which you will meet your orientation trip leaders, housing staff, and other community members.
Some Considerations (the fine print)
- The program fee is $400 and covers orientation trip covers all food, lodging, transportation, instructors, and materials). The program fee will be charged to your student account, the same place your housing and tuition charges appear.
- Selecting a Residential FIG will override your placement in the CEL and cancel your orientation trip reservation. However, we highly recommend selecting a non-residential FIG!
- Unfortunately, the CEL orientation trip conflicts with the Honors College orientation, International Student orientation, Residential FIGs, and participation in other ARCs.
- Written cancellations must be made by August 1.
- Space in the CEL and on specific orientation trips will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis, based on the order of registration.